Beaverlodge Area Projects
Key Points of Interest
- Assays of 3.66% U3O8 (over 0.61m), 3.37% U3O8 and 2.93% U3O8 were recorded by Bayswater Uranium Corp. in 2007 from shear zones within a paragneiss unit in the central area of the property.
- Two historical uranium showings included in the three additional claims staked in October 2014:
- The Mathews Lake showing consists of pitchblende and yellow uranium stain in a northeast-trending set of fractures adjacent to and penetrating a 040° to 070°-trending lamprophyre dyke which cuts a north-northwest-trending amphibolite sill. The mineralization is noted over a strike length of 450 ft (137.2 m). The showing was trenched and stripped; samples assayed 0.23% U3O8 across 1.5 ft (0.5 m) and 1.77% U3O8 across 3 ft (0.9 m).
- The Cluster showing occurs in shear zones cutting a paragneiss sequence. Trenching revealed uranium staining, however assays are not available.
- Two historical uranium showings included in the four additional claims staked in December 2017:
- The VIC north uranium zone is a mineralized & faulted sulphide biotite gneiss that has been mapped for over 1 km. High grade veins in trenching ran 25% uranium over 3.5 m within 2.6% uranium over 7.3 m.
- The VIC south uranium zone is uraninite and pitchblende mineralization associated with 20% sulphides in a mafic schist. Grab sampling of trenches returned up to 31% U3O8. Channel sampling returned 16% U3O8 across 0.41m of vein material and 1.28% U3O8 over 2.4m across a vein and wall rock contact area. Drilling in this zone returned 0.6 m of 2% Cu, 1% Ni, 0.06% U3O8, 0.06 oz/ton Au and 0.70 oz/ton Ag within massive sulphidic, faulted & sheared biotite gneiss.